Saturday, June 18, 2005

Let's Pretend...

That I didn't just let more than a month pass since my last post, k? Thanks.

I'm still going with the beads-to-match socks. Here's the latest:



Sock is an anklet of my own design out of Elann's Sock-It-To-Me Esprit in white and turquoise, 44 sts on US3 dpns. These socks are completed as of last night.



This sock I call Cloverleaf Parrot. The pattern is from the SixSoxKAL, wool is a 75/25 superwash wool/nylon blend from Suan Knits, dyed with KoolAid, 60 sts on US1.5 dpns. First sock completed a couple of weeks ago, second sock cast on last night.



Plain stockinette out of Lang Bebe Color, 100% superwash wool, 60 sts on US1.5 dpns. First sock complete, second sock not yet started.

Also, on the completed scale is my first pair for the SixSox - Chutes and Ladders.



The yarn was from my stash, way old stuff with no label. I'm pretty sure it's acrylic. Knit over 60 sts on US1.5 dpns. I've worn and washed them a couple of times already, and the yarn is turning ugly - sort of pilling and fuzzing. The rest of the stash yarn went into the Goodwill bag (with the exception of a small ball for repairs). I like the color, and don't want to be tempted to waste my time knitting with it again.



The cinnamon sox were knit using Knit Pick's Color-Your-Own dyed with KoolAid. 60 sts on US1 dpns. Both socks completed.

Enough with the pictures, already! I've lost a ball of yarn. Damnit, I can't figure out how that could happen. It's Knit Pick's Dancing, in the Tap colorway. No, I haven't started anything with it yet, and no, I don't plan to knit it up soon. But I want to know where it is. The search did precipitate the organizing of my sock yarn stash. I have a basket full of yarn, and a (really big) bag full of single socks accompanied by the matching yarn for the second socks. I won't reveal exactly how many; suffice it to say we're well into the double digits.

Here, yarny yarny yarny.......