Friday, May 06, 2005

Harry Potter and the Klingon Empire

Q: What do Harry Potter, a Klingon Bird of Prey, and my blog have in common?

A: Invisibility, baby!

See, it's not that I haven't written any posts over the last week and a half, it's just that they never actually made it to the computer. What I need to do, it seems, is to develop a cable hookup between my brain and the net. No, better still, make it wireless! Of course, that means most of the time I'd have to walk around with my head covered in aluminum foil to prevent everything from spilling out. Perhaps a nice wool hat with a foil lining would do the job.....

Wednesday I finally got it together and cleaned up the back yard. The horrid ice storm in January left so many branches and sticks on the ground it seemed to take forever to pick them all up... and enough broken still in the trees that every wind brings down more. Anyhow, Jill and I picked up the last of them and I mowed the halfway-to-the-knees-high grass. I just love a newly-mown lawn.

So I sat out back last evening enjoying my short grass and the birdsong, knitting on the current Sock-It-To-Me pair. They're Peacock, and use the Double-Eyelet Rib pattern in 365 Knitting Stitches a Year, June 14th. Oh, and before I forget, thanks to the Harlot for pointing me in the directions to the errata. Jeez, a person could have half the calendar just by printing out the corrected pages!

Ummm, where was I? Oh yeah, the Peacock sock. Here's a pic of the first one:



Also snapped a pic of the complete Sage socks:



Knitted from Elann's Sock It To Me Sage, using US3 / 3.25mm dpns.

Zack the cat is such an enigma. He's not exactly afraid of heights, but does indeed usually find a way to avoid jumping from more than three feet up. So last evening he went into stalking cat mode, and raced up this tree to follow a bird. I couldn't believe how high he climbed - see, here's proof:



Yeah, you'll just have to take my word for it that he's really where the arrow indicates... Here's the real Zack:



I know, gorgeous, isn't he?

I'm still debating this evening's activity. I really really do want to go see the Yarn Harlot in action, but knowing me I'll poop out. It is only a 3 1/2 hour drive (or so), so that's not really the issue. If someone had told me ten years ago that I'd be such a hermit now, I'd have called 'em a big fat liar. I also want to go see Bryony's play.... she's so excited about being on stage at the Paramount!

What's new in glass action..... oh! oh! oh! I can't believe I almost forgot this! I finally made a set of end-beads for the bamboo needles I bought ages ago... Whaddya think?



Better get back to the torch for some more...

|

1 Comments:

At 10:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You wanted to come see me in the play, huh? It's a shame you didn't, then.


~Bryony

 

Post a Comment

<< Home