Sunday, April 24, 2005

Doodles Do It

Yesterday saw us on a road trip - I went with sister Jane to Kentucky for a Doodle Date. Jane breeds Labradoodles (that's a cross between Labradors and Poodles, you know), and was going to meet up with a new breeder friend. I'm often the designated driver, as Jane's sense of direction is, well, lousy. I always enjoy these trips because it means we get time together.

So Holly the Doodle was scheduled for a date with Joker the poodle. It wasn't just a matter of driving the two to a movie, though. See, since Holly is a 64-pounder, and Joker tips the scales at 12 pounds they needed some assistance. I won't go into details, but let's just say I'm now scarred for life. I knew there was a reason I didn't want to be a dog breeder.

We've another road trip today; this time'll be quicker since we know just where we're going. Did you know Kentucky is a simply gorgeous state?

I got exactly nothing done with glass yesterday, and knit about four rounds on the Lakeview sock. I'm going to settle in with my needles and wool for a bit this morning before Jane and Teri's Big Adventure, Part II.