Friday, May 13, 2005

In the Groove.....

It's been so long since I have felt truly inspired at the torch, I don't even remember the last time. Tonight is the night, I can tell. (So what the aitch eee double-hockey sticks am I doing here??) I should have been able to predict this - I ran into an old school friend today, and made tentative arrangements to meet him and another fellow for karaoke at Sister Jane's bar pub tonight.

Knitting News

Not much, really. Worked some on the second Peacock sock, and knit another couple of mitered squares.

Interesting Encounters

I carried my cuppa coffee to the counter at the service station and the clerk greeted me with an enthusiastic "Hola!" (Please use your imagination to insert the upside down exclamation point at the beginning.) My high school Spanish kicked in and I answered "Hola. Que tal, como esta usted?" (again with the imaginary punctuation, please.) Then Fred (get this) asked me "Donde esta el bano con queso malo?" Yah, he asked me where is the bathroom with the bad cheese.

I'm off to the torch - and by the way, just because I announce I'm inspired, don't expect great things. I'll keep you posted.

|

1 Comments:

At 8:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The bad cheese? The visual image coming of that one is just a nighmare.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home