Saturday, August 27, 2005

Mystery Solved




Stick a fork in her - she's done! I completed the knitting of my Dreamsicle Mystery Shawl last night, and blocked her today. A special thanks to Zak The Cat for his invaluable assistance. As always, click on a picture to view a larger version. Finished measurements: 76" wide by 39" from top to tip.

The yarn is Monty 3/9, 100% merino described as sport weight, but I'd say it's on the light end of the scale. I got it from Sheila at Wool2Dye4, and I can't say enough good things about her service. I used approximately 6 1/2 ounces (which equates to just under 700 yards) on US8 needles. I started out with straights, then switched to a circular when the stitches were too crowded.

I dyed the yarn with Kool-Aid, using about a dozen packs of lemonade and one package of orange. I purposely used a pot a little on the small side in order to get the slightly variegated look.

Mom asked me the other day what I plan to do with this shawl. I dunno - I'll figure something out.

A little housekeeping -- I made a change in the comments. Now one must complete the verification in order to post a comment. That's to prevent spammers. Also, unless you are a Blogger member, I don't have any way to reply to your message. At least, I don't think so. Perhaps a bit of research is in order.

|

2 Comments:

At 9:14 PM, Blogger Kat said...

GORGEOUS!!!
It's your shawl that is making me want to make this one--I've been lurking and learning while the clues have been posted.

Beautiful beautiful!!

I'm sure you had lots of helpful kitty supervision the whole time. :-)

-Kat

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger Alison said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Your mystery shawl is beautiful!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home