Thursday, August 04, 2005

Back to Work


Ever wondered how many beads I make in a sitting? (I know, but just pretend you have, okay?) This here is the stack of beads I made during a 5-hour torch session. Some are encased and some have stringer decoration, but there is nothing terribly complicated or time-consuming here. 5 hours is longer than I typically work at one sitting - usually I torch 2-3 hours a couple of times per day. At least in the summer; it's not much fun sitting in front of the flame with sweat running down my face.
Some knitters say knitting when it's hot is just too uncomfortable. I take the opposite view, knitting is my way to cool down.

|

2 Comments:

At 9:03 AM, Blogger Renee said...

Love the beads, Teri. I could use these to make stitch markers!

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger Danielle said...

Killer amazing.

What talent you have.

There is a class at the Community college I go to. They teach glass bead making. I can't wait to take it... I just have to wait till I can afford it.

Amazing work and color combinations.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home