Thursday, August 18, 2005

Fer Pity's Sake

I had a lovely, witty entry all written up, even illustrated... and Netscape froze up. Don'tcha just hate that? I've downloaded Netscape 8.0. It's kind of weird looking, so we'll see.

Step three of my Dreamsicle shawl is done. I simply whizzed through the chart; had it finished by Sunday night. Here it is pinned out on black fabric (I used knitting needles as blocking wire substitutes - aren't I clever?). I've tried out several different needles on this, including 10" red plastic straights, 14" aluminum straights, aluminum circs, and nylon circular needles. I liked the 10" red plastic ones best, but it they were too short past the step 2 halfway point. The nylon circulars were nice too, but turns out they're size 9, and I can't turn up a set of size 8s.

I've dyed the wool for my Surf's Up socks, and have just cast on and knit a whopping three rounds so far. Not picture worthy yet.

In glass news, check out these needles - aren't they spiffy?! The matching stitch markers are made with sterling silver, and Swarovski crystals. There are two each of slightly different designs. I haven't listed them on eBay just yet, but plan to in the next day or so.

|

1 Comments:

At 9:36 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Just found this today. I think, I'll have to join. I love your shawl.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home