Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Changing My Tune


Okay, so the SixSock Amble is growing on me. This is 5 rounds into the second repeat of the (16-rnd) pattern. After the first few rounds following the chart became much easier. Now I'm watching the chart and counting the stitches while knitting, pretty much just like Jan describes it - like touch typing. Clicking on the pic takes you to a larger version showing the pattern a little better.

Yarn is Patons Kroy Socks, color #54729 (I forgot the name), and the needles are my 5" Surina wood, US1. The color must be discontinued, because it's not listed on the Patons site. I got it from Elann a month or two ago.

Please take note of the rib - I am so proud of the fact that I followed the instructions and knit a full two inches.... of course, I did change it to a K3P2 from K!P1. I've gotta assert my individuality, y'know?

I toted the Mystery Shawl to Sister Jane's this afternoon for a little show and tell. Mom was there, and was duly impressed. Jane pretended to be interested, because as I told her, I pretend to be interested in her dogs. Fair is fair, after all.

I'll leave you with a pic of Zak guarding the Mystery Shawl chart. We won't let on that it's the uncorrected version.....

|

1 Comments:

At 2:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh but I am extremely interested in and impressed by your talent. I could never knit or bead like you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home