Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Motherrrrr, There's Nothing To Do

Apparently I don't have enough knitting works in progress. There are at least a dozen socks awaiting a mate, two three four socks currently on the needles (but - two three of those are second socks), the Mystery Shawl, and a coupla other things that I don't remember right now.

I've spent the last hour or more poking around trying to decide what I should start next. What I have nearly settled on is dyeing the yarn for the Surfs Up socks I am designing. But the wool is in an 8 ounce hank, and I need to wind off enough for the pair of socks and I have neither a swift nor a niddy-noddy. I don't even have an obliging young daughter whom I've convinced holding the skein while I wind is fun! (Yah, Mom, that one's for you!)

Perhaps I should continue my safari. I could always start another shawl... I mean, I've finished chart #2 of the Mystery Shawl, and won't get the next clue for nearly 36 hours. I should be able to get a lot done in that time, right??

|

1 Comments:

At 7:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

But can't you convince your niece (big or little) that it's fun to hold the yarn? Tell her how much fun you had. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home