Friday, August 18, 2006

Welcome Back, Old Friend


It's good to see you again. I've missed you. After a mere seven and a half weeks of procrastination, I finally resurrected my Singer Quantum CXL to stitch the bag for my KSKS pal. So far, all I've done is hem flannel blankies for Sister Jane's pups. (After a good cleaning and oiling, that is.) I tell you what, it feels good to be back at the controls of a sewing machine again. This one has seen a great deal of service, that's for sure. More than a hundred quilts have passed between the presser foot and feed dogs, as well as countless articles of clothing. I have three more blankies to hem, then I'll wind the bobbin (can't find the box of spares) with blue thread and get stitching on my pal's bag. I'll be pretty much winging it as far as a pattern goes... I know exactly what I want it to look like, so here's to hoping I can match reality to my imagination!

In other, actual knitting, news, I've joined a couple more knit-alongs. For the Mystery Sock KAL , I'll be knitting one of three patterns I've scouted out. We're to knit a sock using any pattern found online, as long as it has no picture. Sounds like fun, eh?

The other is the SAM2 hosted by Knittin'Mom Chrissy. This KAL should be no problem at all for me as the only requirement is to knit at least one pair of socks each month. The socks can be started any time; it's the completion date that counts here. Heh, I've got so many single socks that I could just knit second socks for the entire six months. Currently on the needles I have a black stockinette sock for SocksforSoldiers (second sock), rainbow anklet knit from Kona Superwash Fingering (second sock), Amble knit with Yellow Kroy (another second sock), pink-and-green anklet using the wool dyed especially for me by Ruth (another second sock), Aran Braid for Teri using Melody by JoJoland (yet another second sock), and finally, the one and only first-sock-in-progress, using Claudia Handpaint Blue Sky and the herringbone rib pattern lifted directly from Jill.













Actually, that's pretty good, right? I mean (aside from the fact that there are so many of them), they are all second socks. Maybe someday soon I should list all the single socks waiting for a mate. or maybe not.

|

1 Comments:

At 3:07 PM, Blogger Lori in Michigan said...

I love that herringbone pattern! I searched Jill's blog but didn't come across it. would you mind sharing a link or the pattern? I have just the right yarn and giftee in mind! Thanks much!

Lori in MI

 

Post a Comment

<< Home