Thursday, July 06, 2006

A Rainbow of Flavors


Sheila (of Wool2Dye4) recently added Kona 2-ply fingering superwash to her line, so of course I had to give it a whirl. I was impressed with it right away, so nice and soft, and with that lovely sheepy scent, too! I dyed it in the good ol' ROY G BIV tradition using my acid dyes, and really impressed myself with the results. I wound off an ounce to test-drive, and managed not only an anklet, but also the fair isle section of another sock.


Sorry for the crappy pics, but I wanted to get them snapped for tonight. The black yarn is KnitPick's Essential sock yarn. I've had a couple of skeins for ages, but this is the first I've knit with it. It makes a nice fabric, but I'll reserve judgement until I've worn and washed it a couple of times.

The fair isle pattern is just one I made up. I was shooting for something simple enough to let the yarn be the star. I kinda think the diamonds look too busy, but the arrow thingies turned out very nice. Also, the arrow pattern doesn't show the beginning-of-the-round jog as glaringly as does the diamond pattern.

The color is represented best (although still not quite right) in the detail pic. Be sure to click to see a larger view.


In other news, Sister Jane finally made the switch to a more traditional blog format. She's just now entering her fourth year as a breeder of Labradoodles, and has built up quite a following with her Doodle Diaries. I'm looking forward to reading comments from her loyal readers.

Oh how fun - there's a lightning bug in the house! I think I'll turn out all the lights and watch the show. Yeah, so I'm easily amused. Wanna make something of it?

|

2 Comments:

At 6:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE the diamond pattern with your rainbow wool! Great idea to use up odd bits of favourite yarn - just match it with a plain colour! Thanks :-)

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger Alliesw said...

Those arrows are very cool, too. I definitely need to try some fairisle socks.......

 

Post a Comment

<< Home