Sunday, July 02, 2006

21 Days

Seems I've read somewhere that if you want to establish a habit, perform the task for 21 days, and then it'll be second nature. Or something like that. So... that's what I'm going to do. For the next three weeks I will post a daily update here, about knitting and making (and selling) beads, and about mowing my grass. You know, the important stuff.

Update on Teri's corner of KnitBlog SwapLand: Lots going on here. First and foremost, many many thanks to Ruth of Wooly Wormhead fame. She was my pal for the Dye-O-Rama swap. In fact, we were pals both ways! Ruth designs and knits/crochets the most wonderful hats - you've gotta go check them out. So, back to the yarn. She dyed two skeins of yarn for me - both are pink and green. One of the greens is a delicious olive, and the other a pretty pastel mint green. I've gotten one sock finished. - isn't it purdy? I love how it stripes. The cuff is 64 stitches, and then I decreased down to 60 after the short-row heel.

In addition to the wool, Ruth sent stitch markers that she made for me, plus a decadently dark chocolate bar. It was good. I mean really, really good. I licked the wrapper.

The yarn I sent to Ruth came from Sheila at Wool2Dye4 (where else?!?). It was Kona Superwash DK, dyed in jewel tones with acid dyes.

The purple doesn't show up very well... bummer. I also made some beads for Ruth, inspired by a pic of beads she posted some time back. I liked them so much, I made more! Lemme see if I can find a picture...


Don't forget, click on the pic to biggify.

In other swap news, I'm in the Knit Sock Kit Swap (KSKS) . For this swap, we make a project bag, then fill it with everything needed to make a pair of socks, including a pattern. That's my task for this week, to make the bag and dye the yarn. Still a few weeks to the deadline, but I don't want to do like I did with Dye-O-Rama. Poor Ruth had to wait so very long.

Finally, I've just received my pal for the August Birthday Swap. Hi Keohinani! There's a questionnaire; I'll do that either later tonight or tomorrow.

Happy Birthday, Mother!



|

2 Comments:

At 1:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, Teri.

m

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Woolly Wormhead said...

I'm just about to post photos of the socks I knitted from the yarn you sent me - they're brilliant! Lovely and long boot socks, and the colours stripe brilliantly - thank you again!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home