Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Why Yes, I Do Have a Picture...

I don't have grandchildren yet (and a wait of a few more years is fine with me!), but I DO have grandsocks. I'm ever and ever so proud - check out Kelly's Fuzzy Feet.

Last winter Kelly was an avid scarf-knitter; made some awesome scarves. This year she branched out into hats and purses, and Fuzzy Feet! Over the Thanksgiving weekend at Pokagon, she and I did a lot of sitting and knitting. I was her verbal pattern for the first FF since the pattern printout disappeared the first evening.

Then the next week we spent some time on the phone while Kelly turned the heel of the second FF, then it was off to the races! With her purse-knitting experience, she's become rather good at felting, so that was the easy part here. And look, aren't these marvelous! Awwwww, my very first grandsocks.

I need to print out a picture for my wallet.