Monday, April 04, 2005

Singles Bar

I'm kind of embarrassed to admit just how many single socks I've knit over the past few months. Actually, I started January by declaring that my socks didn't need to match... but my Virgo-ness crept up on me, and now I'm frantically pairing up socks with balls of matching wool. All the while dying to dig into my stash.

My most recently completed sock was knit from Lorna's Laces #304, Lakeview. It was the second of a pair, except I didn't like the first one, so I frogged it and now the second is the first and the first will become the third. Still with me? This was my first time knitting with LL wool, and I must say, it feels decadent. Guess that makes it a little easier to swallow knitting three to get two.

The colorway inspired several bead sets; two have already been sold on eBay. Here's the third.

I hear my torch calling.