Monday, September 11, 2006

Thunder Possible


The other evening, weather.com's forecast read "thunder possible." I think that's a great phrase, don't you? Very majestic, and full of promise.

Look at this cute little guy. He jumped onto my ankle while I was sitting on the ground pulling out a bee sting from my toe. Sister Jane tried to kiss the frog, but when I moved my hand closer to her face the frog startled and jumped away. We were at Daddy's, you know, before my fateful drive home.

My accident happened on the I-65 overpass at Columbus (IN), near where Rob and Matt's ThreadBear shop used to be. My thanks to the FedEx driver and to Chris the truck driver/paramedic who were the first on the scene.

So I'm still pretty sore, and have this incredible set of seatbelt-shaped bruises. If you are squeamish, or don't want to see some bruising, don't click here or here. The bad news is that I can't sit at my torch to make beads. The good news is that I *can* knit.

I completed two pair of socks, meeting my September SAM2 goal. First are the anklets I made with the wool Ruth dyed for me for Dye-O-Rama. I love the way these turned out!

Second pair is the anklets made using Wool2Dye4 Supersock, dyed using my patent-pending kettle/sprinkle/microwave-steam method. I like it because there's no pattern, just lots of lovely random yellow, red, and orange-ness. I used the same method for Dave's KSKS yarn as well as for Jill's August Birthday Swap yarn, so I'm looking forward to seeing how their socks turn out. Of course, Dave can't start his until he takes a *proper* photograph of the yarn. I wonder, will it count if he uses the photo he took when he received the yarn?


Also over the weekend I finished the first Undulating Rib Cashmere blend sock, using some of the yarn I got from Dave in my KS Kit. This sock feels incredible on, and will be a very welcome addition to my sock wardrobe.

Finally, I started my socks for the Mystery Sock KAL. I'm using the Lavender Wildfoote from my birthday package from Joan, and the lacysocks pattern posted to the KnitList in 1997 by JP. It's a simple lace pattern, but quite nice.

|

10 Comments:

At 8:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Teri, I hope you're feeling better from the accident. That's really horrible. You've got a nice sock collection going there.

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

What a horrid accident! I hope you feel better soon. I am glad you can still knit too!
=:8

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Dave said...

That's some serious bruising. Yikes! But still, it's better than going through the windshield.

The socks look great! The stripes came out perfectly on the pink & green ones, and the patent pending randomness is something more "professional" dyers should aim for :-) I'm glad you like the cashmere mix socks -- they certainly look cheerful.

And yes, the pre-existing picture counts, and yes, I've already started knitting it, and yes, they're included in the "fistful" pic - they're coming out beautifully!!

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger Diane said...

Glad you are starting to feel better after your accident. Your socks are beautiful.

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger Diane said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for peaking at my Unst socks - Yes the Essential is pretty sturdy yarn! I just got 6 soft beautiful skeins of the KP Gloss (Woodland Sage, Serengeti,and Concord Grape) - wow is that soft shimmery sock yarn! I haven't decided what to make with mine either - too many choices! Looks like you've got a few pairs of socks finished and in the works - MMMMM....cashmere blend socks sound nice.

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger Jillio said...

croiky, you've got socks like all get out going on over here! i'm a bit squeamish about bruises. i get them all the time, but looking at them on other people makes me uncomfortable for some reason. i hope you feel better!
and "thunder possible"? wow, never heard that one before. ever. here. in hawaii. hmmmmmmm....

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger msubulldog said...

Such great socks (all of them)! Hope you're feeling a bit better after your accident. Yeowtch!

 
At 10:34 PM, Blogger Ashley said...

That's a lot of socks you've got there. I love the orange ones, they're such a pretty color.

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

ouchhhhhhhhhh...

hope you're on the mend..
cute cute sockies..
can you come to Oregon and teach me..
;0)

have a wonderful weekend
mona & the girls

 

Post a Comment

<< Home