Saturday, August 26, 2006

August Sock-A-Month - Done!


The thing about having umpty-'leven socks in progress is that it can take a long time to complete a pair. Here it is nearly the end of August and this is the first pair of socks I've completed.

Yarn is Kona 2-Ply Superwash Fingering from Sheila at Wool2Dye4, dyed with Dharma acid dyes. I used my Chiagoo bamboo 2.25mm double-points over 60 stitches with a short-row heel. The sock on top has been machine-washed and -dried, and has bloomed and softened. I. Love. This. Yarn. It's very pleasant to knit with, and even nicer to wear. The washing has softened the colors, but I think it's more a case of the yarn blooming as opposed to the colors fading.

Tomorrow: My KSKS package arrived!!

|

1 Comments:

At 2:30 PM, Blogger Dave said...

They look great -- now I'm even more excited to try out the yummy stuff you sent me!

(It's nice not to have to use "anonymous anymore LOL!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home