Sunday, August 27, 2006

My KSKS Package Arrived!!


On Saturday Chuck the mailman knocked on my door and presented me with a lovely sight - a package from Canada! Because of a .ca email addy early on, I was pretty sure my pal was Canadian, and I was right. In fact, my pal was my pal, Dave, of Criminy Jickets. Shades of deja vu - Ruth was my pal both ways for Dye-O-Rama. If I'd had my thinking cap tied on tightly, I would have thought to ask Chuck to pose for a picture. Oh well, maybe next time.

Zach the Cat scored with this really cool toy. It's a springy wire with little thingies on the end, and drives him crazy when I wiggle it along the floor.



















A few weeks ago Dave posted about his bag, and I remember thinking how very cool it was. It's the Fold of Function from Vicki Square's Folk Bags , based on a Korean jumeoni. His pictures are better than mine, so be sure to go take a look.

It's knit of silky soft cotton demin, with green embroidery and I-cord drawsting. Hey Dave, is that the same green as your Tiger Swallowtail Shawl? Dave's knitting is so nice and even, very professional-looking. He mentions being concerned about the looks of the inside of the bag, so of course I had to turn it inside out and perform a close inspection. Dave, it's perfect!

And the yarn. The yarn! There is enough for two pair of socks, both very luxurious. On the left is Auntie Marts Angora Sock Yarn, which is 45% wool, 25% angora and 30% viscose in the loveliest shades of green, blue and mauve. The other is Lucia, in the June Hothouse colorway, 30% cashmere and 70% merino. I may have already accidentally cast on with this yarn.

Also in my kit was a set of 6" bamboo double-points from Collection, with an ultra-smooth finish and just-right points. (The urge to test-drive these needles was a factor in the accidental cast-on.) Some very nifty spiral needle-holders, a bag of toffee (my favorite!!), and some Maple Syrup in a maple-leaf-shaped bottle rounded out the kit. Am I lucky, or what?! Thanks a million Dave, you're a swell pal.

|

3 Comments:

At 9:49 AM, Blogger Dave said...

I so relieved that you like it -- the "Korean connection" makes it extra special :-) Cosmic Karma?

It will be interesting to see how the cashmere mix knits up. I'm thinking you might be getting some bloom when you wash it.

The green is just about the colour of the Swallowtail, but it's a different yarn, DK weight.

Thanks for a great swap!!

 
At 1:39 AM, Blogger FairyGodKnitter said...

Keep your camera handy because Chuck should be bringing you another package. happy Birthday a little early, I'll be on the road and may not be able to snag any computer time. Enjoy all your goodies.

 
At 2:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That yarn is so beautiful! Is it only available in Canada? I am also a big fan of Dave's. He's the best!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home