Friday, March 10, 2006

What's Yer Hurry?


At long last, here is the picture of my Knitting Olympics 2006 socks - which were indeed completed within the timeframe of the Olympics. Be sure to click on the pic for a larger version.

Yarn used: KnitPicks Color Your Own fingering weight wool, plus some really old red wool from my stash. Size 1 bamboo dpns got the job done for me.

For dyeing, I used both Kool-Aid and Wilton's Icing Color. I have to say I was a little disappointed in the Wilton's - I had anticipated much brighter colors than I actually got. And the black? Well, it's brown. The red? Salmon pink. (That's why I dug into the stash closet for red)

There's nothing written down for these socks, I just made up the designs as I went along. It really was a lot of fun, and not nearly as difficult as I had thought. Yay for the Olympics!

|

4 Comments:

At 12:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fabulous socks!!! I just love them! Way to go on a wonderful new pair of socks!

Mokihana

 
At 4:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really cool! They are beautiful! You've inspired me to try some colorwork socks myself someday - thanks!

 
At 9:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Show us the insides.

m

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger Barbara from Nova Scotia said...

Beautiful socks! Inspiring.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home