Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Olympic Update

Even though I couldn't cast on my Olympic sock until Saturday**, I've made very good progress. I'm designing as I go... see?

I stopped at this point (just completed gusset decreases) because I haven't decided about the pattern on the foot. I'm leaning toward just stripes of the different colors. The socks would look really cool with more interesting patterns, but that just doesn't seem as practical.

I know you're dying to see the inside, aren't you?

I'm planning to pick up the stitches at the top of the cuff and knit the ribbing after completing the foot. I'm working up my nerve to do corugated ribbing.

**I procrastinated the dyeing, and had to wait for the yarn to dry before casting on!

|

6 Comments:

At 4:13 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Those are awesome socks! Great job. Have fun weaving in all those little ends, though it's definelty worth it.

 
At 4:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or, how aboout 2 of the colors in a lice stitch pattern for the sole? Like the sock shown on the cover of "Sensational Knitted Socks". Just a thought...your sock is outrageous/beautiful!~! Best, Ruth in NJ

 
At 11:59 PM, Blogger Swiftstar said...

awesome socks. I am envious. I have only done a little bit of colorwork on a hat once. Don't know if I could hang in there on a pair of socks but intend to try sometime this year...

 
At 1:47 AM, Blogger Mokihana said...

Absolutely fabulous!!! You are doing a great job..I love the colors! Way to go!

 
At 1:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful socks

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger Dorothy said...

WOW!!!!
That is one beautiful sock!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home