Thursday, May 18, 2006

April Garden To Dye For

I'm not doing a very good job of keeping up with the recording of my socks here... I'm just a little behind. These were knit from Wool2Dye4 Superwash 100% Merino, dyed with Paas, knit on US1 dpns over 60 stitches - plain vanilla stockinette. The heel is a short-row version of Priscilla Gibson-Roberts' design. I made a little gusset before and after the heel, otherwise the socks would have been a little snug and my mother would have gotten another pair. heh.

I increased a total of 12 stitches, then just before starting the heel I rearranged the stitches so there were 18 on each (of four) needle. After the heel was knit, I slid the extra stitches back on the sole needles - so that there were 21/15/15/21 just like after the increases. Then I decreased two stitches every other round just as in a traditional flap heel/gusset. When I had decreased down to the original 60 stitches I just went 'round and 'round until the toe decreases.

These socks also were my first time going with a rounder toe decrease. Although I do have pointy feet (thankyouverymuch), I prefer the new way.

|

4 Comments:

At 7:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Y'know, your fascination and work with socks is amazing... don't think I've ever met someone who makes so many! Good for you.

Your Dye-O-Rama buddy :)

 
At 8:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have pointy feet? I didn't know that.

m

 
At 9:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful socks! I love the color. That's the yarn you dyed yourself; right? It's gorgeous. Only thing missing is a bag that you could have kept it in while you were knitting it. Hmmm ... I wonder where you might get such a thing ...... :-)

 
At 6:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love those socks. Great colors.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home