Friday, April 21, 2006

Dye Me a River...

First thing: the Baby Socks are this very minute winging their way to the west coast. I shed a tear or two upon seeing them leave the nest. Goodbye, little darlings!

Second thing: I got my package from Wool2Dye4 last week, and what a package it was! Superwash sock yarn (100% merino), 100% Superfine Alpaca Laceweight, Silk and Ivory (a 50/50 blend of silk and merino, sport weight), Toaga (an absolutely delicious blend of 78% mohair, 13% wool and 9% nylon in DK weight), and some Bolero (another mohair/wool/nylon blend boucle). All in natural and waiting to be dyed. Also got a dye kit, with real-live big-girl dye powder.

Third thing: I found Scout's Dye-O-Rama, and signed up right away. Go ahead, check out that list - I'm right near the top!

I'm planning two different ways to dye self-striping/patterning yarn. I want to break out the knitting machine and knit up some blanks, and I plan to come up with a way to use the coat tree as a warp board to wind really really long hanks. Before I can do that, though, I need to wind off smaller amounts from my supersize hanks that Sheila sent. Need something to distract the cat...